Ph.D, Indian Institute of Technology Patna, India
| July,2015 - Now
|| Assistant Professor, IIIT Vadodara
Bose-Einstein condensate, Nonlinear Optics, Many-body physics
Present Ph.D students:
1. Maitri R. Pathak (Since August, 2017) [Working on theoretical study of Bose-Einstein condensate under disordered optical lattices]
Courses taught at IIIT Vadodara:
1. Maitri R. Pathak and Ajay Nath, Formation of Matter-Wave Droplet Lattices in Multi-Color Periodic Confinements, Symmetry 14, 963 (2022). [Special Issue Symmetry in Many-Body Physics]
2. Maitri R. Pathak and Ajay Nath, Dynamics of Quantum Droplets in an External Harmonic Confinement, Scientific Reports (SpringerNature) 12, 6904 (2022).
3. Nilanjan Kundu, Ajay Nath, Jayanta Bera, Suranjana Ghosh and Utpal Roy, Synergy between the Negative Absolute Temperature and the External Trap for a Bose-Einstein Condensate under Optical Lattices, Physics Letters A 427, 127922 (2022)
4. Ajay Nath, J. Bera, S. Ghosh, Utpal Roy, Exact Analytical Model for Bose-Einstein Condensate at Negative Temperature, Scientific Reports (SpringerNature), 10, 9016 (2020)
5. Ajay Nath, J. Bera, S. Ghosh, P.K. Panigrahi, Utpal Roy, Soliton Dynamics for an Ingenious Trap Combination in a Bose-Einstein Condensate, Eur. Phys. J. D 74, 27 (2020)
6. Ajay Nath and Utpal Roy, Bose-Einstein condensate in a bichromatic optical lattice: an exact analytical model, Laser Physics Letters, 11, 115501 (2014)
[Selected as Highlight of 2014 in Physics of cold atom section]
7. Ajay Nath and Utpal Roy, A unified model for an external trap in a cigar-shaped Bose-Einstein condensate, Journal of Physics A: Mathematical and Theoretical 47, 415301 (2014)
Invited Talks and seminars
1. Talk on Dynamics of Matter wave solitons under bi-chromatic optical lattice and cubic-quintic interactions, International Conference on Quantum and Nonlinear Optics, 22nd-26th July, 2019, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2. Chaired session on Ultracold Quantum Matter at International Conference on Quantum and Nonlinear Optics, 22nd-26th July, 2019, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3. Nonlinear excitations in bi-chromatic Optical lattices, International Conference on Quantum and Atom Optics, 16th -18th December, 2018, IIT Patna, India
International Conferences/Workshops/Short terms courses
1. Delivered short talk on "Generation of solitary matter waves at hottest negative temperature" in 735. WE-Heraeus-Seminar on 'Exploring Quantum Many‐Body Physics with Ultracold Atoms and Molecules at Physikzentrum Bad Honnef, Germany on 14-18 December, 2020.
2. Attended Online Faculty Development Program on "E-Content Development for 21st Century Learners" by NITTTR Chennai from June 15th-19th, 2020.
3. Organized workshop on “Concepts of Physics through Experiments 2018” (for class XI and XII students) during December 08-09, 2018 at IIIT Vadodara.
4. Exact analytical model for transport of 1D Bose-Einstein condensate under external waveguide (poster) at “659. WE-Heraeus-Seminar: Condensates of Light” at Physikzentrum Bad Honnef, Germany on 14-17 January, 2018.
5. Analytical model for cigar-shaped Bose-Einstein condensate under complex external confinements (poster) at "Frontiers in Light-Matter Interactions" at Indian Institute of Technology Ropar, India on 4-5 March, 2016.
6. Presented poster titled "Ultracold atoms at negative temperature" at "International Centre for Theoretical Studies Discussion meeting on Light-Matter interactions, IACS Kolkata, India on 19-22 December, 2014.
7. Solitary waves in a bi-chromatic optical lattice potentials under two and three-body interactions (poster) at "International Seminar on Current Trends in Quantum Gases, BEC and Solitons", 3rd -6th March, 2014 at Panjab University Chandigarh, India.
8. Solitary waves of one-dimensional Bose-Einstein condensate in bi-chromatic optical lattice potentials (poster) at "8th Conference on Complex nonlinear system dynamics, 2013" at Indian Institute of Technology Indore, Indore from 11-14th December, 2013.
9. Trajectory of nonlinear excitations in Bose-Einstein Condensate under sinusoidal trap (poster) in the "DAE-BRNS Symposium on Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics" at Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Kolkata, India December 14-17, 2012.
10. Attended Faculty Development Program on “Engineering Mechanics” at Lovely Professional University, Phagwara (Panjab) from 19th – 23rd July, 2010 organized by Punjab Technical University and Lovely Professional University, Phagwara, India.
11. Attended Short-Term Course on “Carbon Nano Tubes and Carbon in Nano-Technology” at Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur from 22-28.02.2010 organized by Department of Mechanical Engineering and Material Science, IIT Kanpur.
1. Journal of Physics B: Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics (IOP)
2. Physica Scripta (IOP)
Member of Professional bodies
Indian Society of Atomic & Molecular Physics