Ph.D, Indian Institute of Technology Patna, India
| July,2015 - Now
|| Assistant Professor, IIIT Vadodara
Bose-Einstein condensate, Nonlinear Optics, Many-body physics
Present Ph.D students:
1. Maitri R. Pathak (Since August, 2017) [Working on theoretical study of Bose-Einstein condensate under disordered optical lattices]
Courses taught at IIIT Vadodara:
1. Ajay Nath, J. Bera, S. Ghosh, Utpal Roy, Exact Analytical Model for Bose-Einstein Condensate at Negative Temperature, Scientific Reports (Nature), 10, 9016 (2020)
2. Ajay Nath, J. Bera, S. Ghosh, P.K. Panigrahi, Utpal Roy, Soliton Dynamics for an Ingenious Trap Combination in a Bose-Einstein Condensate, Eur. Phys. J. D 74, 27 (2020)
3. Ajay Nath and Utpal Roy, Bose-Einstein condensate in a bichromatic optical lattice: an exact analytical model, Laser Physics Letters, 11, 115501 (2014)
[Selected as Highlight of 2014 in Physics of cold atom section]
4. Ajay Nath and Utpal Roy, A unified model for an external trap in a cigar-shaped Bose-Einstein condensate, Journal of Physics A: Mathematical and Theoretical 47, 415301 (2014)
Invited Talks and seminars
1. Talk on Dynamics of Matter wave solitons under bi-chromatic optical lattice and cubic-quintic interactions, International Conference on Quantum and Nonlinear Optics, 22nd-26th July, 2019, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2. Chaired session on Ultracold Quantum Matter at International Conference on Quantum and Nonlinear Optics, 22nd-26th July, 2019, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3. Nonlinear excitations in bi-chromatic Optical lattices, International Conference on Quantum and Atom Optics, 16th -18th December, 2018, IIT Patna, India
International Conferences/Workshops/Short terms courses
1. Delivered short talk on "Generation of solitary matter waves at hottest negative temperature" in 735. WE-Heraeus-Seminar on 'Exploring Quantum Many‐Body Physics with Ultracold Atoms and Molecules at Physikzentrum Bad Honnef, Germany on 14-18 December, 2020.
2. Attended Online Faculty Development Program on "E-Content Development for 21st Century Learners" by NITTTR Chennai from June 15th-19th, 2020.
3. Organized workshop on “Concepts of Physics through Experiments 2018” (for class XI and XII students) during December 08-09, 2018 at IIIT Vadodara.
4. Exact analytical model for transport of 1D Bose-Einstein condensate under external waveguide (poster) at “659. WE-Heraeus-Seminar: Condensates of Light” at Physikzentrum Bad Honnef, Germany on 14-17 January, 2018.
5. Analytical model for cigar-shaped Bose-Einstein condensate under complex external confinements (poster) at "Frontiers in Light-Matter Interactions" at Indian Institute of Technology Ropar, India on 4-5 March, 2016.
6. Presented poster titled "Ultracold atoms at negative temperature" at "International Centre for Theoretical Studies Discussion meeting on Light-Matter interactions, IACS Kolkata, India on 19-22 December, 2014.
7. Solitary waves in a bi-chromatic optical lattice potentials under two and three-body interactions (poster) at "International Seminar on Current Trends in Quantum Gases, BEC and Solitons", 3rd -6th March, 2014 at Panjab University Chandigarh, India.
8. Solitary waves of one-dimensional Bose-Einstein condensate in bi-chromatic optical lattice potentials (poster) at "8th Conference on Complex nonlinear system dynamics, 2013" at Indian Institute of Technology Indore, Indore from 11-14th December, 2013.
9. Trajectory of nonlinear excitations in Bose-Einstein Condensate under sinusoidal trap (poster) in the "DAE-BRNS Symposium on Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics" at Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Kolkata, India December 14-17, 2012.
10. Attended Faculty Development Program on “Engineering Mechanics” at Lovely Professional University, Phagwara (Panjab) from 19th – 23rd July, 2010 organized by Punjab Technical University and Lovely Professional University, Phagwara, India.
11. Attended Short-Term Course on “Carbon Nano Tubes and Carbon in Nano-Technology” at Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur from 22-28.02.2010 organized by Department of Mechanical Engineering and Material Science, IIT Kanpur.
Member of Professional bodies
Indian Society of Atomic & Molecular Physics