|2010 - 2015
||PhD Information and Communication Technology, DA-IICT, Gandhinagar
Thesis: Novel approaches for spectral unmixing of hyperspectral data
|2006 - 2008
||M. Tech. Communication Systems, SVNIT, Surat
Dissertation: Registration of satellite image data for meteorological applications
@ SAC (ISRO), Department of Space, Government of India, Ahmedabad.
|1997 - 2000
||B. E. Electronic & Communications, GEC, Modasa
Project: Decision support system for GIS
@ BISAG (formerly, RESECO), DST - Gujarat, Gandhinagar.
- Inverse problems in imaging
- Remote sensing
- Computer vision
- Machine/Deep learning
- Sparse coding/representation
- Optimization techniques
|Nov 2015 - now
||Assistant Professor, IIIT, Vadodara (Gandhinagar campus)
|June 2014 - Nov 2015
||Faculty Associate, IIIT, Vadodara (Gandhinagar campus)
|Jan 2010 - May 2014
||Post-graduate Teaching Assistant, DAIICT, Gandhinagar
||Assistant Professor, Nirma University, Ahmedabad
||Assistant Professor, BIT, Vadodara
||Sr. Lecturer & I/C Head (EC), BIT, Vadodara
|July 2001 - May 2005
||Lecturer, CCET, Wadhwan city
|Feb 2001 - June 2001
||Faculty, C-DAC Computers, Surendranagar
|Aug 2000 - Jan 2001
||Technical Support Engineer, Apex Automation, Ahmedabad
Selected Recent Publications
- M. S. Raval, Vaibhav Joshi, and J. S. Bhatt, "Securing biometrics using data hiding techniques", in "Cryptographic and information security approaches for images and videos", CRC Press, Jan' 2018 (to appear).
- J. S. Bhatt, M. V. Joshi, and M. S. Raval, "A data-driven stochastic approach for unmixing hyperspectral data", IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Applied Earth Observations and Remote Sensing (Impact factor 3.026), Vol. 7, No. 6, pp. 1936-1946, 2014.
- Jignesh Patel, M. V. Joshi, and Jignesh S. Bhatt, " A novel approach for abundance estimation using discontinuity preserving prior ", IEEE International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium 2018 (IGARSS2018) (accepted), July 2018 (Valencia, Spain).
- Manu Sharma, J. S. Bhatt, and M. V. Joshi, "Early detection of lung cancer from CT images: Nodule segmentation and classification using deep learning", The 10th International Conference on Machine Vision (ICMV2017), November 13-15, 2017 (Vienna, Austria).
- J. S. Bhatt and N. Padmanabhan, "Registration of KALPANA-1 VHRR and INSAT-3A CCD imagery for Meteorological Studies", Emerging Big Data Technologies Summit 2016 (EBDTS'16), 7-9 December, 2016 (Melbourne, Australia). (Best Oral Presentation Award - II place)
- J. S. Bhatt, M. V. Joshi and M. S. Raval, "A regularization based method for spectral unmixing
of imaging spectrometer data", Proc. of SPIE (H-index 90), Image and Signal Processing for Remote Sensing XVIII, vol. 8537, pp. 85370J1-7, 2012 (Edinburgh - UK).
- J. S. Bhatt, M. V. Joshi and M. S. Raval, "A parametric statistical model over spectral space for the unmixing of imaging spectrometer data", Proc. of SPIE (H-index 90), Image and Signal Processing for Remote Sensing XVIII, vol. 8537, pp. 85371J1-7, 2012 (Edinburgh - UK).
Invited expert talks
- Hyperspectral unmixing, IEEE NaSCoViP'2014 Surat, 2014
- ICT tools for enhancing teaching-learning process, CTE - Government of Gujarat, Surat, 2017
- Spectral unmixing: An insight, ISTE - Nirma University, Ahmedabad, 2017
- (UG/PG) Computer Vision
- (UG) Systems and Signal Theory
A short list of courses taught
- (UG) Digital Image Processing
- (PG) Statistical signal analysis
- (PG) Advanced digital communications
- (UG) Geoscience & Remote Sensing
- (UG) Probability and statistics
- IEEE Transactions on Geoscience & Remote Sensing
- IEEE Transactions on Computational Imaging
- IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Applied Earth Observations and Remote Sensing
- IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Magazine
- SPIE Journal of Applied Remote Sensing
- Taylor & Francis International Journal of Remote Sensing
- Taylor & Francis Remote Sensing Letters
- Life Member, ISTE
- Associate Member, AMIE (IEI)