||Ph.D. Electrical Engineering, University College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland.
Thesis title : Efficient Linear Programming Decoding of Binary and Nonbinary Linear Codes.
||M.Sc., Electrical Engineering, University of Kaiserslautern, Kaiserslautern, Germany.
||B. E., Electronic & Communications, DDIT, Nadiad.
- A. Tanatmis, S. Ruzika, H. W. Hamacher, M. Punekar, F. Kienle and N. Wehn, "A separation algorithm for improved LP-decoding of linear block codes," IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, pp. 3277- 3289, Vol. 56, Issue 7, July 2010.
- M. Punekar, P. O. Vontobel and M. F. Flanagan, "Low complexity linear programming decoding of nonbinary linear codes," IEEE Transactions on Communications, pp. 3073 - 3085, Vol. 61, Issue 8, August 2013.
- M. Punekar and J. J. Boutros, "Diversity Analysis and Design of Low-Density Lattices," Submitted to IEEE Transactions on Communications.
|Sept. 2016 - August 2017
||Postdoctoral Researcher, KINDI Lab, Qatar University, Doha, Qatar.
|April 2013 - June 2016
||Postdoctoral Researcher, Texas A&M Uni. at Qatar, Doha, Qatar.
|June 2003 - April 2004
||Consultant Engineer, Edutech Systems, Vadodara.
Start up activity
- Founding member of the Pictoris Data team which was selected for Qatar Science and Technology Park (QSTP) Accelerator program. Pictoris Data developed a novel reliability and security technique for cloud storage.
Conference and Journal Activity
- Reviewer for IEEE International Conference on Communications, International Symposium on Turbo Codes and Iterative Information Processing, IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory, IEEE Information Theory Workshop, IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, IEEE Transactions on Communications