- PhD (ICT), DA-IICT Gandhinagar
- MTech (IT), GGSIPU Delhi
Information security and privacy, access control, key management, cloud security.
|Jul 2017 onwards
||Assistant Professor at IIIT Vadodara.
|Jul 2015 to Jun 2017
||Faculty Associate at IIIT Vadodara.
|Mar. 2013 - Jun. 2015
Teaching Assistant at DAIICT, Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
|Oct. 2009 - Mar. 2013
Research Associate, DA-IICT, Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
Worked on project supported by DST and JST under India-Japan cooperative program.
Title: "Security proofs and multidisciplinary evaluation for dynamic hierarchical key
|Aug. 2001 - Oct. 2009
||Worked as Computer Science faculty in various reputed Institutes such as Galgotias College of Engineering and Technology, Greater Noida.
- Oct-Dec 2012 Matsuura Lab, Institute of Industrial Science, University of Tokyo, Japan.
- Jan-Mar 2010 Matsuura Lab, Institute of Industrial Science, University of Tokyo, Japan.
- Naveen Kumar and Anish Mathuria, Security and Privacy Issues in Outsourced Personal Health Record, Research Advances in Cloud Computing, S. Chaudhary, G. Somani, and R. Buyya (eds), ISBN: 978-981-10-5026-8, Springer, Singapore, December 2017.
Naveen Kumar and Anish Mathuria: Comprehensive evaluation of key management hierarchies for outsourced data. Accepted in Special Issue on Data Security and Privacy, Cybersecurity, 2019.
- Naveen Kumar, Zhigao Zheng, Krishn K. Mishra, and Arun Kumar Sangaiah,
"An Efficient and Provably Secure Time-limited Key Management Scheme for Outsourced Data",
accepted in Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience, 2018.
- Anil Mundra, Naveen Kumar, Anish Mathuria and Manik Lal Das. "Detecting flaws in dynamic
hierarchical key management schemes using specification animation". CSI Journal of Computing,
vol. 1, No. 02, pp. 73-79, ISSN 2277-6702, 2012. Link:
- Anil Mundra, Naveen Kumar, Anish Mathuria, T. Matsuda and K. Matsuura. "Two views on
hierarchical key assignment schemes". Security Management, Journal of Japan Society of Security
Management, Vol. 25, No. 3, pages 40-51, March 2012.
- Naveen Kumar and Anish Mathuria. ”Improved Write Access Control and Stronger
Freshness Guarantee to Outsourced Data ”. Accepted in ”18th International Conference
on Distributed Computing and Networking (ICDCN’17) ”, IDRBT, Hyderabad, India, January 2017.
- Naveen Kumar, Anish Mathuria and Maniklal Das. "Achieving Forward Secrecy and Unlinkability in
Cloud-based Personal Health Record System". Accepted in "14th IEEE International Conference on
Trust, Security and Privacy in Computing and Communications" (IEEE TrustCom'15), Helsinki,
Finland, 20-22 August, 2015.
- Naveen Kumar, Anish Mathuria and Maniklal Das. "Comparison of Key Management Hierarchies for
Access Control in Cloud". "Third International Symposium on Security in Computing and
Communications" (SSCC'15), SCMS Kerala, 10-13 August, 2015.
- Naveen Kumar, Anish Mathuria, Maniklal Das and Kanta Matsuura. "An Efficient Time-Bound
Hierarchical Key Assignment Scheme". Ninth International Conference on Information Systems
Security (ICISS'13), ISI Kolkata, 16-20 December, 2013.
- Naveen Kumar, Anish Mathuria, Manik Lal Das and Kanta Matsuura. "Improving Security and
Efficiency of Time-Bound Access to Outsourced Data". Sixth ACM India Computing Convention: Next
generation information, computing and security (Compute'13), VIT University, Vellore, 2013.
- Anil Mundra, Naveen Kumar, Anish Mathuria, Takahiro Matsuda, and Kanta Matsuura, "A Killer
Application of Dependent Key Assignment Schemes: Secure Outsourced Data on Cloud", Sixth
International Workshop on Security (IWSEC), Tokyo Japan, November 2011.
- Naveen Kumar, Anish Mathuria and Manik Lal Das. "On Classifying Indirect key Assignment Scheme
for Hierarchical Access Control". Proceedings of Tenth National Workshop on Cryptology, PSG
college of Technology, Coimbatore and CRSI, India, pages 133-139, ISBN:978-81-907929-4-3,
Major Subjects Taught
Introducation to Programming, Data Structures, Design and Analysis of Algorithms, Computer Graphics, Introduction to Cryptography, Automata theory, Computer Networks, Object Oriented Programming.
Member, IEEE (Computational Intelligence Society)