- Ph.D (Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi)
- M.Phil (Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi)
- M.A (Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi)
- PGDM-Print Journalism (IMSIT, New Delhi)
Applied Linguistics, Sociolinguistics, Second Language Acquisition, ELT, Discourse Analysis, Gender Studies, Science Fiction, Technical Communication.
- Chetia Barnali, Bhatt Dharna, “The Film Life of Pi as a Multimedia Tool in English Language Classrooms of Engineering Colleges in Gujarat- An ESP Approach,” Rupkatha Journal on Interdisciplinary Studies in Humanities (Scopus indexed), ISSN 0975-2935, Volume 12:05, pp. 01-19, 2020.
- Bhatt Dharna, Chetia Barnali, “The Angry Woman of Indian Cinema- A Saga of the Marginal,” High Technology Letters (Scopus indexed), ISSN 1006-6748, Volume 26:11, pp.1012-1018, 2020.
- Chetia Barnali, “The Forgotten Saga of Rangpur's Ahoms- An Ethnographic Approach,” High Technology Letters (Scopus indexed), ISSN 1006-6748, Volume 26:08, pp. 276-284, 2020.
- Chetia Barnali, Bhatt Dharna, “Portrayal of Women Prostitution in Hindi Cinema: An Analytical Study,” Language in India (International), ISSN 1930-2940, Vol. 18:01, pp. 167-177, 2018.
- Chetia Barnali, "Women in Science Fiction- Echoes from an Uninhibited World," Language in India (International), ISSN 1930-2940, Vol. 17:3, pp. 19-30, 2017.
- Chetia Barnali, "Slangs and Gender-A Sociolinguistic Perspective," International Journal of Technical Research and Applications e-ISSN: 2320-8163, Issue 18, PP. 43-46, 2015.
- Chetia Barnali, "Discourse Markers in Written English Texts in a Multilingual Setting: A Comparative Study of High School English in the Schools of Assam," Language in India (International), Vol.13:9, pp. 40-70, 2013.
- Chetia Barnali, “ The Language of English Advertisement Texts-Selected Essays,” Sara Publications, June 2017, ISBN-9781730387050.
- Chetia Barnali (ed.), “Cradle Song- A Compendium of Indian Science Fiction Stories,” Sara Publications, April 2017, ISBN-9781730362606.
Presentations in National/ International Conferences (Selected)
- Chetia Barnali, Bhatt Dharna, “The Film Life of Pi as a Multimedia Tool in English Language Classrooms of Engineering Colleges in Gujarat- An ESP Approach,” in the First Rupkatha International Open Conferences on Recent Advances in Interdisciplinary Humanities (virtual), August 20-22, 2020.
- Bhatt Dharna, Chetia Barnali, “Multimedia as an Effective Tool to Enhance English Language Skills of Engineering Students- An ESP Approach,” in Golden Jubilee and 14th International Conference of ELTAI, Amity University, Noida, India, October 09-12, 2019.
- Chetia Barnali, Bhatt Dharna, “Films as an ESP Tool in English Classrooms of Engineering institutes in India- A Second Language Acquisition Perspective,” in the National Seminar on Linguistics and Language Sciences in India (NASLILANSI) & Workshops on Forensic and Corpus Linguistics 2019, organised by the Centre for Linguistics, Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) in collaboration with Central Institute of Indian Languages (CIIL), Mysore, India, JNU, New Delhi, August 09-10, 2019.
- Chetia Barnali, Bhatt Dharna, “The Portrayal of Anger in Women Characters of Indian Cinema- A Saga of the Marginal,” in the 7th International Conference on Language and Literary Studies, Language, Literature and Emotions, Faculty of Foreign Languages, Alfa BK University, Belgrade, May 18-19, 2018.
- Chetia Barnali, “Rangpur's Ahoms– A Forgotten Saga of Indigenous Culture and Traditions,” in the international conference on Sacred Sites/Sacred Stories- Global Perspectives, ANU College of Asia & the Pacific, The Australian National University, Canberra, ACT, Australia, April 05-07, 2018.
- Chetia Barnali, Bhatt Dharna,“Portrayal of Women Prostitution in Hindi Cinema: An Analytical Study,” in the two-day international Conference on Women and Sectarian Violence in South Asia: Fiction and Reality held at Central University of Gujarat, November 9-10, 2017.
- Chetia Barnali, “Code-Switching and Mixing in Communication- A Study on Language Contact in Indian Media,” in the RAIS international conference The Future of Education, Mass Media and Communication, held at Johns Hopkins University, Montgomery County Campus, Rockville, MD, U.S., October 16-17, 2017.
- Chetia Barnali, “Technology and Code-Mixed Communication- A Cross-Cultural Study,” in Language, Literature and Technology: Sixth International Conference on Language and Literary Studies, held by The Faculty of Foreign Languages at Alfa BK University Belgrade, Serbia, May 19-20, 2017.
- Chetia Barnali, Hazra Debabrata, “The Ethno-linguistics rights of the Adivasis in Manbhum: A Forgotten Saga,” in the National Conference on Adivasi Communities: Understanding Relationships between Culture, Literature, and Languages, held at Central University of Gujarat, India, March 30-31, 2017.
- Chetia Barnali, “ Grammar in Advertising Communication: A Lexico-Linguistic Analysis,” in the V Conference Innovation in Philology and Communication Studies: Methodological and Research Applications, held at the University of Valencia, Spain, December 14-16, 2016.
- Chetia Barnali, "Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) and Wikispaces for Engineering Students -Relevance and Utility," at Bangla Wikipedia 10th Anniversary Celebration and International Conference, organized by Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India, January 9-10, 2015.
- Chetia Barnali, "Grammar as We Know and Grammar as We Use -A Study of Lexical Features in Marketing Communication," at International Workshop on Communications in the Era of the ASEAN Economic Community, organized by Shinawatra University, Bangkok, Thailand, December 18-19, 2014.
Second Language Pedagogy, Sociolinguistics, Language and Gender, Seminar -Language and Society, Research Methodology, Spoken and Written Communication, Group Discussion- A Communicative Approach, Science, Technology and Society, Professional Ethics, Technical Writing, Science Fiction.
Office: 9015/3, IIIT Vadodara