- PhD (Computer Science), DA-IICT Gandhinagar
- MTech (IT), GGSIPU Delhi
Information Security and Privacy, Access Control, Key Management, Cloud Security, Security of Intelligent Transport Systems.
|Jul 2017 onwards
||Assistant Professor at IIIT Vadodara.
|Jul 2015 to Jun 2017
||Faculty Associate at IIIT Vadodara.
|Mar. 2013 - Jun. 2015
Teaching Assistant at DA-IICT Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
|Oct. 2009 - Mar. 2013
Research Associate at DA-IICT Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
Worked on project supported by DST and JST under India-Japan cooperative program.
Title: "Security proofs and multidisciplinary evaluation for dynamic hierarchical key
- Oct-Dec 2012, Matsuura Lab, Institute of Industrial Science, University of Tokyo, Japan.
- Jan-Mar 2010, Matsuura Lab, Institute of Industrial Science, University of Tokyo, Japan.
- Naveen Kumar and Anish Mathuria, Security and Privacy Issues in Outsourced Personal Health Record, Research Advances in Cloud Computing, S. Chaudhary, G. Somani, and R. Buyya (eds), ISBN: 978-981-10-5026-8, Springer, Singapore, December 2017.
- Sumit Lal.& Naveen Kumar, An Efficient Flexible Hierarchical Access Control Scheme Enabling Real Life Exceptions. Accepted in Sadhana, Springer, 2021.
Rashmi Maheshwari, Naveen Kumar, and Monal Sadi, "Consensus-Based Data Replication Protocol for Distributed Cloud". Accepted in Journal of Supercomputing, 2020 (Impact Factor: 2.469).
Naveen Kumar and Anish Mathuria: Comprehensive evaluation of key management hierarchies for outsourced data. Special Issue on Data Security and Privacy, Cybersecurity, 2019.
- Naveen Kumar, Zhigao Zheng, Krishn K. Mishra, and Arun Kumar Sangaiah,
"An Efficient and Provably Secure Time-limited Key Management Scheme for Outsourced Data",
accepted in Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience, 2018.
- Anil Mundra, Naveen Kumar, Anish Mathuria and Manik Lal Das. "Detecting flaws in dynamic
hierarchical key management schemes using specification animation". CSI Journal of Computing,
vol. 1, No. 02, pp. 73-79, ISSN 2277-6702, 2012. Link:
- Anil Mundra, Naveen Kumar, Anish Mathuria, T. Matsuda and K. Matsuura. "Two views on
hierarchical key assignment schemes". Security Management, Journal of Japan Society of Security
Management, Vol. 25, No. 3, pages 40-51, March 2012.
- Rituraj and Naveen Kumar, Cloud-based Secure Personal Health Record Management System using Mixnode and Blockchain, accepted in "World Conference on Smart Trends in Systems, Security, and Sustainability" (WS4'2020), London,UK,2020.
Amit Kumar Dwivedi, Naveen Kumar, and Mayank Pathela, "Distributed and Lazy Auditing of Outsourced Data" 16th International Conference on Distributed Computing and Internet Technology (ICDCIT) 2020.
Vikas Rao Vadi, Naveen Kumar, and Shafiqul Abidin, "Classifying Time-Bound Hierarchical Key Assignment Schemes", 4th International Conference on Computer, Communication and Computational Sciences, Bangkok, Thailand, 2019.
Abhyudai Bisht, Khilan Ravani, Manish Chaturvedi, Naveen Kumar. A Feasibility Study on Upgrading the Static TLC Infrastructure to Adaptive TLC. 22nd Intelligent Transportation Systems Conference (ITSC), in Auckland, New Zealand, October 27-30, 2019.
- Naveen Kumar and Anish Mathuria. ”Improved Write Access Control and Stronger
Freshness Guarantee to Outsourced Data ”. ”18th International Conference
on Distributed Computing and Networking (ICDCN’17) ”, IDRBT, Hyderabad, India, January 2017.
- Naveen Kumar, Anish Mathuria and Maniklal Das. "Achieving Forward Secrecy and Unlinkability in
Cloud-based Personal Health Record System". "14th IEEE International Conference on
Trust, Security and Privacy in Computing and Communications" (IEEE TrustCom'15), Helsinki,
Finland, 20-22 August, 2015.
- Naveen Kumar, Anish Mathuria and Maniklal Das. "Comparison of Key Management Hierarchies for
Access Control in Cloud". "Third International Symposium on Security in Computing and
Communications" (SSCC'15), SCMS Kerala, 10-13 August, 2015.
- Naveen Kumar, Anish Mathuria, Maniklal Das and Kanta Matsuura. "An Efficient Time-Bound
Hierarchical Key Assignment Scheme". Ninth International Conference on Information Systems
Security (ICISS'13), ISI Kolkata, 16-20 December, 2013.
- Naveen Kumar, Anish Mathuria, Manik Lal Das and Kanta Matsuura. "Improving Security and
Efficiency of Time-Bound Access to Outsourced Data". Sixth ACM India Computing Convention: Next
generation information, computing and security (Compute'13), VIT University, Vellore, 2013.
- Anil Mundra, Naveen Kumar, Anish Mathuria, Takahiro Matsuda, and Kanta Matsuura, "A Killer
Application of Dependent Key Assignment Schemes: Secure Outsourced Data on Cloud", Sixth
International Workshop on Security (IWSEC), Tokyo Japan, November 2011.
- Naveen Kumar, Anish Mathuria and Manik Lal Das. "On Classifying Indirect key Assignment Scheme
for Hierarchical Access Control". Proceedings of Tenth National Workshop on Cryptology, PSG
college of Technology, Coimbatore and CRSI, India, pages 133-139, ISBN:978-81-907929-4-3,
Major Subjects Taught
Cryptography and Network Security, Cloud Security, Information Security, Data Structures, Design and Analysis of Algorithms, Computer Networks, Introduction to Programming, Object Oriented Programming, Automata theory.
Member, IEEE (Computational Intelligence Society)